Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Urge to Make Stew

Fall is officially here. The air is heavy with moisture, the leaves are changing colors, football is back and I have the familiar urge to cook hearty meals. You know, meat loaf and roast beef and stew.

Most of the year I don't have the urge to cook anything. I have to admit I am an uninspired cook. My husband contributes to this lack of inspiratio by being a really good sport about getting a turkey sandwich for dinner instead of meat and potatoes and gravy. The autumn comes and with rain and cold he gets a real diner once in a while.

So Bring on the ghastly weather, the pumpkins and squash and (gasp!) the holidays. I'll be in the kitchen buttering the cornbread and ladeling something hot and thick into big bowls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post almost has me craving stew with beef. Almost.