Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Evil Grandma

I guess I'm really in hot water. I've been outed in my home town and now everyone knows who the evil grandma is. I guess someone googled my home town and dance and came up with my very first posting. The one about going to my grandaughter's dance recital. The one about how I had a really crappy attidue about the recital.....and how I went and really was converted. But that's not how the posting was taken.

I admit that my comments about the dance teacher were a little harsh, even rude and I sincerely apologize for that. She is clearly a great teacher. Those kids were amazing. I called her a flake. In my lingo that's not such a bad thing. Some of my best friends tend towards flakey. That's why they're so much fun.

I stand by my feeling that the recitals should be at home where the entire community can enjoy them. I could bring my mother who lives in the local nursing home. I'm by far not the only one who thinks the recitals are a bit extravagent for a small town troop.

Before my posting was printed and passed around at the fair and the football games I'm certain that only two people had read it; my husband and my daughter. I guess I should thank the resourceful googler. You've increased my readership by about a thousand percent.

I was trying to tell a good story, one where the main character is somehow transformed from one state of being to another. If I hurt anyone, I'm really sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are much nicer than I am. I don't think anyone should have been offended by your original post. And I CERTAINLY don't think you owed anyone an apology for what you said.